“If you don’t love what you’re doing, what do you have to lose by stopping?”
What is this blog about?
My mission for creating this blog is to introduce proven self-improvement techniques, psychological research, and my own personal experience into helping YOU and million of others reach their dreams: no matter if it is passing your next exam or creating a national non-profit organization. My blog will cover the best of self-improvement from finding your motivation to better management of your time.
Who am I and why should anyone listen to me?
My name is Davis Nguyen and I write this blog. I was born and raised in in Atlanta, Georgia, but currently live in and study at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. I like to learn new hobbies, read inspirational books, and spend weekends playing poker, watching movies, and socializing with friends.
Before discovering the power of self-improvement, I was an underachiever, didn’t care much about my health, and had a hard time speaking up.
In 2005, I picked up my first self-improvement book and the rest was history.
What have I achieved?
Here are some of the many goals I have set for myself and their results:
- Goal: Gain admission to my dream colleges
- Results: Earned admission to top universities including Harvard and Yale
- Goal: Leave college-debt free
- Results: Earned over $500,000 in scholarships during high school.
- Goal: Improve the quality of public education
- Results: Worked with TIFAD to collect and donate over 64,000 books towards starting a library Nigeria.
- Goal: Overcome my fear of public speaking
- Results: National Finalist in Extemporaneous Speaking and Prepared Presentations (different competitions)
- Goal: Get licensed to practice real estate
- Results: Earned my real estate license at the age of 18.
- Goal: Be elected to serve on the Ivy Council (Ivy League Student Government) as a Sophomore.
- Results: Elected the 2012-13 Vice-President of Communications at the annual Ivy Summit featuring voting delegates from all eight Ivy League Institutions.
- Goal: Win my first local Yugioh tournament
- Results: Won my first of 50+ local tournaments, First Place in Regional Qualifier, Qualified for and Competed in Yugioh Nationals (06,07,08). 2007-lasted until Round 8 of a 10 rounds (age 15).
- Goal: Combine my love of economics with my passion for helping others.
- Results: Started a National Microfinancing organization with my friend Jason, which helps raise funds for medical research in developing countries.
- Goal: Overcome the freshmen 15, lower my blood sugar level, and BMI without going to the gym.
- Results: Lost 25 pounds in four months by changing my diet and route to class (no workout routine).
- Goal: Learn a Traditional Asian Dance [never danced before]
- Results: Performed in the Phoenix Dance Troupe Spring Show with Metal Fans.
I want to get to know you!
Happy reading and achieving,